Halloween has not yet come and gone, and one cable channel is already getting ready for Christmas.
This week, Great American Media said its Great American Family channel will start offering holiday-themed shows and movies, starting on Friday.
The channel’s first original holiday movie during the Great American Christmas block is set to air on Saturday, October 14. All told, Great American Family will air 20 world-premier Christmas movies from Friday to the day before Christmas Eve.
Some of the movies Great American Family will air during Great American Christmas include:
- 12 Games of Christmas — Old friends and neighborhood are transported into a Christmas-themed board game during a holiday party. (Johnny Ramey, Felisha Cooper)
- A Christmas Blessing — A TV chef takes over her lat aunt’s charity. (Lori Laughlin, James Tupper, Jesse Hutch)
- A Christmas Commission — Two rival realtors are forced to work together to sell one special house before Christmas. (Sarah Fisher, Simon Arblaster)
- A Model Christmas — A model ends up stranded at the home of her driver’s family due to bad weather. (Ash Tsai, Joe Heyworth)
- Christmas on Windmill Way — A woman must remind her ex-boy friend of the best of their hometown while she simultaneously tries to save her family’s legacy windmill. (Christa Taylor Brown, Chad Michael Murray)
- Mistletoe Moments — A decorator must work with an expected partner to showcase a house for an upcoming Christmas-themed gala. (Susie Abromeit, Liam McIntyre)
- My Christmas Hero — An army reserve doctor tracks down her family’s military history with the help of a new romance. (Candace Cameron Bure, Gabriel Hogan)
- Peppermint and Postcards — One mom discovers romance might be at the door after her Christmas card goes viral. (Ella Cannon, Christopher Russell)
- ‘Twas the Text Before Christmas — An unexpected text message sent to the wrong number sets into motion a Christmas tradition with a new family over three separate years. (Merritt Patterson, Trevor Donovan)
Great American Family bills itself as “TV’s fastest-growing network,” with its overall ratings up more than 140 percent over the nine-month period ending July 31. The channel is available on cable platforms in some areas, with national distribution on streaming services like Frndly TV and Philo.
Frndly TV starts at $7 a month and includes access to 40 live channels of programming, including Great American Family, Lifetime, A&E, History Channel, the Weather Channel, Game Show Network and more. New customers can get a 7-day free trial to Frndly TV when they sign up by clicking or tapping here.
Philo offers more than 80 live channels, including Great American Family, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, History Channel and more. The service starts at $25 a month; new customers can get a 7-day free trial to Philo when they sign up by clicking or tapping here.