Nexstar Media Group founder, chairman and CEO Perry Sook was elected to the position of chairman of the National Association of Broadcaster’s (NAB) Joint Board of Directors, the organization announced on Wednesday.
Sook succeeds Salem Media Group CEO David Santrella in the position. Santrella’s term expired earlier this year.
During an election period held between June 6 and June 7, the following broadcast executives were appointed to various positions on different NAB boards:
- Pat LaPlatney, co-CEO of Gray Television, elected to the chairman role of NAB’s Television Board
- Ramona Alexander, general manager of WDBD (Channel 40, Fox), elected to serve as the vice chairman of NAB’s Television Board
- Lynn Beall, COO of media operations at TEGNA, elected to the role of second vice chairman of NAB’s Television Board
- Chris Ripley, CEO of Sinclair Broadcast Group, elected to serve as third vice chairman of NAB’s Television Board
- Collin Jones of Cumulus Media will serve as chairman of NAB’s Radio Board
- Chris Ornelas, EVP and general counsel at Beasley Media, elected to NAB Radio Board’s executive committee
- Kevin Perry, the CEO of Perry Publishing, elected to serve as vice chairman of NAB Radio Board
- John Zimmer of Zimmer Radio elected to serve as the second vice chairman of the NAB Radio Board
Additionally, Fox Corporation EVP of Government Relations Kristopher Jones was appointed to the designated TV network seat on NAB Board’s Executive Committee.
NAB is the main public interest group that lobbies on behalf of the commercial interests of radio and television broadcasters in Washington.