YouTube TV is offering subscribers of its NFL Sunday Ticket package an extended free trial to Warner Bros Discovery’s (WBD) movie streaming service Max.
Starting this week, YouTube TV is emailing customers with information about how to redeem their free trial to Max, which lasts for 120 days and includes streaming access to HBO’s multiplex channels through the YouTube TV service.
The extended free trial appears to be the NFL Sunday Ticket-Max bundle that Google executives teased during a conference call with investors late last month, and is available to any YouTube TV subscriber who prepaid for the NFL Sunday Ticket before August 14.
Eligible customers should receive an email from YouTube TV with steps on how to redeem their four-month free trial to Max this week. All customers can check to see if they are eligible for the extended free trial by following these steps:
- Sign in to YouTube TV by clicking or tapping this link.
- Under “Membership” look for “Max” toward the top.
- Verify that your account is eligible for the extended free trial, then click “Add” to activate it.
- YouTube TV will inform you about any pro-rated charges that will apply in December, should your billing date come before the end of the free trial.
- Confirm the addition of Max, then begin streaming.
The Max subscription through YouTube TV also unlocks access to the Max streaming service on phones, tablets, smart TVs and computers. To sign into Max using your YouTube TV credentials:
- From a computer, visit the Max website by clicking or tapping here.
- Click the “sign in” button at the top.
- Under “Connect Your Provider,” click or tap the box that says “View All.”
- In the “Search for your provider” box, type “YouTube TV,” then select “YouTube TV from the list.
- Sign in using your YouTube TV credentials.
- Create a new Max account, then start streaming.
If your YouTube TV subscription is shared with multiple family members through the Google family groups feature, only the account manager — the account that actually pays for YouTube TV — can sign in to the Max streaming service. That said, all members of the family group can stream HBO content live and on-demand through the YouTube TV app.
On its own, Max costs $10 a month for the version with short ad breaks, or $16 a month for ad-free streaming. The free trial for NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers on YouTube TV is the version of Max without commercial breaks.
Additionally, the extended free trial of Max on YouTube TV unlocks the following linear content channels and on-demand content from:
- HBO (East)
- HBO (West)
- HBO 2
- HBO Comedy
- HBO Family
- HBO Latino
- HBO Signature
- HBO Zone
The West Coast feeds of HBO 2, HBO Comedy, HBO Family, HBO Latino, HBO Signature and HBO Zone are offered to subscribers in the Pacific and Mountain time zones, while all subscribers get the East Coast and West Coast feeds of the main HBO channel.
The NFL Sunday Ticket costs $350 per season when purchased as part of a YouTube TV subscription, which costs an additional $73 a month for live access to broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CW Network) and over 80 cable channels. A version with NFL RedZone is available for an additional $40 per season. NFL Sunday Ticket subscription are non-refundable.
A free trial of YouTube TV is available by clicking or tapping here.