Former U.S. President Donald Trump is still scheduled to participate in a sit-down interview with the Fox News Channel later this month, a spokesperson for the network confirmed to The Desk on Friday.
The interview was scheduled days before Trump learned of a criminal indictment connected to a federal law enforcement investigation over the alleged mishandling of classified documents, which became public news on Thursday and was recently unsealed by a federal judge.
The 38-count indictment will almost certainly come up during the sit-down interview with Fox News Channel journalist Bret Baier, which will be taped on Monday, June 19 and air on the program “Special Report” later in the day. It is to be Trump’s second planned appearance on the network since he participated in a town hall-style program earlier in the month with Sean Hannity, which grabbed just under 3 million viewers.
Late Thursday evening, journalists with the Fox News website published an exclusive story based on an impromptu interview with Trump in which he colored the charges against him as a case of “election interference,” the network said.
“This is the most corrupt administration in history,” Trump said, according to the report. “There has never been an administration so corrupt, and they’re just starting to find it right now.”