Dish Network’s free television service Sling Freestream is adding 12 exclusive channels this week, the company announced on Thursday.
The addition of the new feeds brings the total number of channels offered on Sling Freestream to over 335, which includes live news, general entertainment, sports, lifestyle shows and documentaries, among other programming.
“This milestone is just the beginning of what we have in store for Sling Freestream,” Gary Schanman, the group president at Sling TV, said in a statement. “We are charging full steam ahead to deliver unparalleled free live sports, news and entertainment for consumers to watch popular games, catch up on the latest headlines or enjoy award-winning TV shows, all for free.”
The new channels that are being added to Sling Freestream this week include:
- Ambient Cinema (Relaxation videos)
- The Classics (Westerns, comedies and dramas)
- Crime Scenes (Crime-based documentaries and shows)
- Film Shorts (Programs under 40 minutes)
- For the Culture (Black dramas and documentaries)
- Her TV (Female-led entertainment)
- Latino Cinema (Spanish-language movies)
- Living History (Documentaries)
- Movie Hub (Style and culture shows)
- The Playground (Kid-friendly shows)
- Screams & Scares (Horror programming)
- Suspense (Thrill-based TV shows)
Sling Freestream is available on most popular streaming TV devices, including Roku and Amazon Fire TV, as well as through the Sling app for phones and tablets. The service doesn’t require a credit card or active subscription to Sling TV, and includes a number of other free, ad-supported channels, including ABC News Live, Nosey, Scripps News, Court TV, Shout TV, Buzzr, AMC Thrillers, Cinevault, Fail Army and a handful of streams originating from Paramount Global’s Pluto TV.
To see a full list of Sling Freestream channels, click or tap here.