Holiday sales kicked off early this year, with many physical and online retailers offering deep discounts on streaming TV gadgets, smart TVs and other popular electronics.
Now, streaming services are getting in on the action with a wide variety of deals and discounts that will save frugal shoppers a lot of cash while expanding the amount of TV shows and movies at one’s command.
Right now, Paramount Plus is offering new and returning subscribers 50 percent off an annual subscription, which unlocks a mountain of entertainment from CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and Paramount Plus. Hit shows like the Yellowstone spin-off “1883” and the new comedy-drama “Tulsa King” live alongside favorites like “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “CSI: New York” and “Survivor.” Paramount Plus also has live NFL games that air on local CBS stations, as well as live news from CBS News, live soccer matches and the latest hit films from Paramount Pictures (including “Top Gun: Maverick,” which will stream next month). Users who sign up for Paramount Plus at this link can get one year of the ad-supported tier for just $25. Users who opt for the commercial-free version of Paramount Plus will pay just $50 for one year of service, which also offers live access to local CBS stations and ad-free viewing of on-demand content.
Not to be outdone, cable TV alternative Philo is offering new and returning customers 80 percent off their first month of service when they sign up through this link and type the code word THANKS at check-out. Philo offers over 60 live channels of entertainment, lifestyle, knowledge and children’s programming from a number of programming partners, including Paramount Global (Comedy Central, Paramount Network, MTV, Nickelodeon), Discovery Networks (Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, TLC, HGTV), A+E Networks (A&E, History Channel, Vice TV), AMC Networks (AMC, IFC, We TV, Sundance, BBC America) and more. Philo comes with an unlimited cloud DVR that automatically saves show for up to one year, plus the ability to create 10 individual user profiles. Philo normally costs $25 a month, but customers who sign up at this link and type the code word THANKS at check-out get their first month of service for just $5.
Check out these other Cyber Monday deals on streaming TV services, gadgets and more…
Streaming Services | Amazon Prime Video Channels | Streaming TV Gadgets | Smart TVs
Streaming TV & Movie Deals
- Philo: $5 for 30 days of service (use code word THANKS)
- Paramount Plus (ad-lite version): $25 for one year (no code word needed)
- Paramount Plus (ad-free version): $50 for one year (no code word needed)
- Sling TV: $20 for first month of service, plus free Amazon Fire TV stick
- Showtime: 30 days free, then $4 a month for 6 months
- Starz: $5 a month for 3 months
- HBO Max: $1.99 per month for 3 months
- Peacock: $1 a month for 12 months
- Hulu (with ads): $2 a month for 12 months
Amazon Prime Video Channels Deals
Amazon’s Prime Video Channels marketplace is having its own Cyber Monday sale on third-party streaming services, with many streaming services offered for as little as $1 a month. Note that you must have an Amazon Prime membership or a subscription to Amazon Prime Video in order to take advantage of these offers…
- Showtime: $1/month for 2 months (normally $11/month)
- Starz: $1/month for 2 months (normally $9/month)
- Epix: $1/month for 2 months (normally $6/month)
- AMC Plus: $1/month for 2 months (normally $9/month)
- Britbox: $1/month for 2 months (normally $8/month)
- Hallmark Movies Now: $1/month for 2 months (normally $6/month)
- Motortrend: $1/month for 2 months (normally $5/month)
- NBA League Pass: $50 (normally $100)
- Noggin: $1/month for 2 months (normally $8/month)
- Paramount Plus: $1/month for 2 months (normally $10/month)
- PBS Kids: $1/month for 2 months (normally $5/month)
- ScreenPix: $1/month for 2 months (normally $3/month)
- Up Faith & Family: $1/month for 2 months (normally $5/month)
- ViX Plus: $1/month for 2 months (normally $7/month)
Streaming TV Hardware Deals
A streaming TV subscription won’t do much good unless you have a way to watch streaming shows and movies on the big screen. Thankfully, many popular streaming TV platforms are offering deep discounts on new streaming TV hardware.
One of the most-popular streaming TV platforms is Roku, and the company has several of its popular Roku players on sale for Cyber Monday. Right now, Walmart shoppers can pick up the Roku Premiere 4K for just $19, one of the lowest prices around for a 4K-capable streaming player. Streamers with older-model TV sets can get the Roku Express HD at Amazon for just $18, with no quantity limit. Travel a lot? The Roku Streaming Stick 4K packs neatly in a bag and offers powerful 4K streaming in a small form factor for just $25, about half off its regular price. Those who want the very best Roku possible can get the Roku Ultra for just $69 at Amazon, more than $30 off its regular price (it’s also available for $70 at Walmart, with free, same-day pick up in most stores).
Prefer Amazon’s line of Fire TV devices? Grab the Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa-enabled remote control for just $15, a 50 percent discount from its normal rate. Or, upgrade to the Amazon Fire TV Stick with TV controls (power and volume) for $5 more. Streamers with newer-model, 4K-capable TVs should go for the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $25, half off the regular price of $50.
Roku, Amazon Fire TV and other platforms offer access to most popular streaming apps, including Netflix, Disney Plus, YouTube, Hulu, Paramount Plus, Peacock, Pluto TV, Tubi and others. They’re also a great way to cut the cable or satellite cord, with streaming TV alternatives like Philo ($25 a month), Sling TV ($40 a month) and Vidgo ($60 a month) offering the same live TV channels without expensive equipment rental fees, hidden surcharges or contracts.
Other streaming TV gadget deals include:
- Chromecast with Google TV HD: $20 at Amazon (normally $30)
- TiVo Stream 4K Android TV: $30 at Amazon (normally $50)
- Dyanlink Android TV Box: $30 at Amazon (normally $40)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max: $35 at Amazon (normally $55)
- Chromecast with Google TV 4K: $40 at Amazon (normally $50)
- Apple TV HD 32GB: $60 at Walmart (normally $100)
- Roku Streambar: $80 at Amazon (normally $130)
- Roku Streambar Pro: $160 at Amazon (normally $180)
Smart TV Deals
If you want your streaming TV platform built into the TV set itself, or you’re still using a TV that flickers when you turn it on, then Cyber Monday is a great time to pick up a new set at an amazing price.
Right now, Walmart shoppers can grab the Onn 50-inch QLED 4K Roku TV for just $288, down from the normal price of $378. This is one of the absolute best prices for a new QLED-equipped smart TV set on the market, and it’s backed by Onn, Walmart’s in-house electronics brand. The TV set is powered by the Roku streaming platform, which offers access to thousands of streaming TV and movie apps, plus support for Dolby Vision, HDR and Dolby Atmos. Too much power for you? Pick up the Hisense 32-inch LED Roku TV for $125 at Walmart.
If Amazon’s Fire TV is more your flavor, score the Hisense 50-inch ULED 4K Fire TV for $300 at Amazon, a 43 percent discount from the normal price of $530, which offers quantum dot technology, a 240-Hertz effective refresh rate and support for Dolby Vision and HDR. Budget shoppers can grab the Insignia 32-inch Fire TV HD for $100 on Amazon, down from $180, a screen that is big enough for everyday TV viewing, yet compact enough for a bedroom, dorm room, home office or kid’s room.
Other smart TV deals are as follows (sorted by screen size)…
- Insignia 24-inch Fire TV HD: $80 at Amazon (normally $90)
- Samsung 32-inch QLED 4K TV: $400 at Amazon (normally $500)
- Vizio 40-inch Class D HD TV: $198 at Walmart (normally $229)
- Onn 42-inch HD Roku TV: $158 at Walmart (normally $250)
- Onn 43-inch 4K Roku TV: $198 at Walmart (normally $244)
- Amazon 43-inch Omni Series Fire TV 4K: $330 at Amazon (normally $410)
- Amazon 50-inch 4 Series Fire TV 4K: $290 at Amazon (normally $470)
- Vizio 50-inch Class V 4K TV: $298 at Walmart (normally $360)
- Sony 55-inch Android TV X80K 4K: $578 at Amazon (normally $750)
- Toshiba 65-inch C350 Fire TV 4K: $400 at Amazon (normally $600)