Amazon’s October shopping event Prime Big Deal Day kicked off on Wednesday, unleashing hundreds of deals on everyday items, including top-tier streaming services, smart TVs, streaming devices and more.
To take advantage of some of the year’s best streaming deals on Amazon, you’ll need to have a Prime membership, which costs $15 a month or $150 a year after a free 30-day trial. A Prime membership includes free one-day shipping on some popular Amazon items, free two-day shipping on nearly everything else, free access to Prime Video (including Thursday Night Football!) and free access to Amazon Music, among many other benefits.
If you don’t have a Prime membership, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial by clicking or tapping this link. Then, come right back to this page to scroll through the best Prime Big Deal discounts on streaming devices, streaming services, smart TVs and more.
Take a look at The Desk’s roundup of the best streaming-related Prime Big Deal Day discounts:
- Amazon Fire TV Devices
- Amazon Fire TV Smart TVs
- Roku Streaming Devices & Roku TVs
- Other Smart TVs
- Amazon Prime Video Channels Deals
Amazon Fire TV Devices
Amazon Fire TV devices go on sale during various points of the year, and Prime Big Deal Day is no exception.
One of the best deals we’ve spotted is on the Amazon Fire TV stick with Alexa Voice Remote, which costs just $20 (normally $40) during the Prime Big Deal event.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick includes a voice-powered remote control that activates Amazon’s smart assistant Alexa right from your TV set. Not only can you sift through streaming content using just your voice, you can also control other Alexa-enabled devices like smart plugs, smart lights, doorbell cameras and more.
Even better, the Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote includes six free months of the streaming service MGM Plus when purchased during Prime Big Deal Day. Check out the Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice remote by clicking or tapping here.
All Amazon Fire TV devices offer access to Amazon’s own streaming service Prime Video and Freevee, as well as popular apps like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, YouTube, YouTube TV, Sling TV, Paramount Plus with Showtime, Peacock, Xumo Play, Pluto TV, Philo, Starz, MGM Plus and more.
Other Amazon Fire TV device deals:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite: $18 (normally $30)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K: $23 (normally $50)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max: $60 (normal price)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube: $110 (normally $140)
Additionally, the Amazon Alexa Voice Remote Pro is seeing a rare discount to just $30 (normally $35). The Amazon Alexa Voice Remote Pro improves upon the Fire TV experiencing by offering a remote control with backlit buttons, a remote finder feature and hands-free access to the Alexa smart assistant via the remote’s built-in microphone. The remote is compatible with most Fire TV devices, but if you have an older device, you may want to check the compatibility guide here.
Amazon Fire TV Smart TVs
It’s not just Fire TV sticks that are on sale this year: Amazon is also unleashing savings on smart TV sets that are powered by the same Fire TV operating system.
The best Amazon Fire TV smart TV deal we’ve come across is the Amazon Fire TV 4-Series 50″ 4K TV, which normally costs $450 but is on sale during Prime Big Deal for just $290.
The Amazon Fire TV 4-Series TV sets include an ultra-sharp 4K screen with support for High Dynamic Range (HDR 10). Four HDMI inputs provide plenty of connectivity for game consoles like the Xbox or PlayStation, or legacy devices like cable boxes, DVD and BluRay players.
And, just like eligible Fire TV sticks, the Amazon Fire TV 4-Series includes six free months of streaming service MGM Plus.
Need a bigger (or smaller) screen? Want different options at different prices? Not to worry, there are plenty of other Amazon Fire TV smart TV deals happening during Prime Big Deal:
- Insignia Fire TV 32″ 720p HDTV: $80 (normally $150)
- Amazon Fire TV 2-Series 32″ HDTV: $110 (normally $200)
- Amazon Fire TV 2-Series 40″ HDTV: $180 (normally $250)
- Amazon Fire TV 4-Series 43″ 4K TV: $250 (normally $370)
- Amazon Fire TV 4-Series 50″ 4K TV: $290 (normally $450)
- Toshiba Fire TV 55″ 4K TV: $250 (normally $430)
- Amazon Fire TV 4-Series 55″ 4K TV: $340 (normally $520)
- Amazon Fire TV 4-Series 55″ 4K TV with Fire TV Soundbar: $460 (normally $640)
- Amazon Fire TV Omni 65″ 4K TV with QLED: $590 (normally $800)
Roku Streaming Devices & Roku TVs
Amazon’s Prime Day events aren’t known for offering too many discounts on Roku streaming devices and Roku TVs — probably due to Amazon’s strategy of competing with Roku in the streaming TV space — but that doesn’t mean Roku devices and Roku TVs never go on sale. And Prime Big Deal just happens to be one of those events where Roku fans can score a nice discount if they’re looking to upgrade an older device, buy a second one or ready to upgrade their TV entirely.
The best deal we’ve spotted is the Roku Express 4K Plus for just $30 (normally $40). The Roku Express 4K Plus is similar to the Roku Express (which is also on sale), a small device that turns any TV into a Roku TV instantly.
Roku offers access to popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Prime Video, YouTube, Paramount Plus with Showtime, Sling TV, YouTube and hundreds of other apps. It also offers The Roku Channel, a built-in, free streaming television service with thousands of movies and TV shows along with linear content streams from NBC Universal, CBS, Fox Television and more.
Rather have a TV set with Roku’s streaming platform built in? Grab the TCL 43″ Roku TV for just $210 (normally $250), which offers the same streaming apps as Roku’s devices, plus compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa and the Google Assistant. Roku TVs also offer Apple Airplay support for casting video content from iPhones, iPads and Macs.
Here are some other Roku streaming device and Roku TV deals available during Prime Big Deal:
- Roku Express HD: $21 (normally $30)
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K: $38 (normally $50)
- Roku Streambar 4K: $100 (normally $130)
- TCL 32″ Roku TV: $160 (normally $200)
- TCL 40″ Roku TV: $180 (normally $230)
- TCL 50″ Roku 4K TV: $280 (normally $350)
Other Smart TV Deals
Looking for a name-brand TV from Samsung, LG or Sony? Amazon’s Prime Big Deal has deep discounts on premium TVs from well-known manufacturers, with varying screen sizes and features to fit any living room, bedroom, dorm room or den.
If you’re looking for a BIG smart TV set, consider the Hisense 75″ Google TV 4K TV set at $530 (normally $700). Powered by the new Google TV streaming platform, it offers access to popular services like Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus with Showtime and more, coupled with a voice-powered remote control and a stunning ultra-high definition screen that supports game mode, Dolby Vision and HDR 10. You probably won’t find another TV with this screen size at this price point, so it’s sure to go fast.
More of a Samsung fan? Consider the Samsung 55″ QLED 4K TV at $998 (normally $1,198), which features quantum dot LED technology for vibrant color, a built-in gaming hub, 4K upscaling (for older content from DVD players and some game consoles) and more.
Here are some other smart TV deals during Prime Big Deal:
- Vizio 24″ SmartCast HDTV: $128 (normally $160)
- Samsung 32″ 4K Smart Monitor (no TV tuner): $300 (normally $400)
- LG 43″ webOS 4K TV: $277 (normally $380)
- Sony 43″ Google TV 4K TV: $398 (normally $450)
- Sony 55″ Google TV 4K TV: $548 (normally $590)
- Sony 65″ Google TV 4K TV: $648 (normally $690)
- LG 75″ webOS 4K TV: $647 (normally $980)
- Samsung 85″ QLED 4K TV: $1,298 (normally $1,598)
- Sony 85″ Google TV 4K TV: $1,298 (normally $1,500)
Amazon Prime Video Channels Deals
Amazon usually offers nice discounts on streaming services sold through its Prime Video Channels platform, and Big Deal Day is expected to be no exception.
Check out the following streaming services on Amazon Prime Video Channels for the latest multi-month discount (note: availability might vary by region)…:
- Max with Cinemax (includes live TV): $21/month (normally $26/month)
- AMC Plus with MGM Plus (includes live TV): $11/month (normally $15/month)
- AMC Plus with Starz (includes live TV): $14/month (normally $19/month)
- Starz with MGM Plus (includes live TV): $12/month (normally $16/month)
- BET Plus: $1/month for 3 months (normally $10/month)
- Flix Latino: $1/month for 1 month (normally $4/month)
- PBS Masterpiece with PBS Kids: $8/month (normally $11/month)
- A&E Crime Central: $5/month
- Motortrend: $5/month
- Screambox: $5/month
- Fuse Plus: $4/month
- Curiosity Stream: $3/month
- NBA League Pass, single team: $14/month
- NBA League Pass, all teams except local: $15/month
- NBA TV (cable/satellite simulcast): $7/month